Hózhó Academy seeks to hire a Secondary Science Teacher for our Junior High and High School.
JOB DUTIES MAY REQUIRE:
- Designing, developing, and delivering quality lesson plans that follow the requirements of the State of New Mexico and those established by the Hozho Academy governing board and administration.
- Creating, administering, and grading assignments and assessments as well as delivering helpful feedback to students.
- Establishing and consistently following classroom and lab expectations for behavior and safety
- Setting up demonstrations and assisting/supervising students while they conduct experiments.
- Providing extra resources, support, and interventions for students who are struggling or require more challenge.
- Inputting grades in a timely fashion in the school’s information system; creating report cards and issuing progress reports when due.
- Creating an environment where students feel comfortable asking questions and voicing concerns.
- Regularly communicating with parents about student progress.
- Be a productive and cooperative member of the school’s faculty
- Bachelor’s degree in science or a related discipline (master’s level or higher preferred).
- A relevant teaching certificate or license or willingness to obtain licensure per State of New Mexico requirements.
- A passion for the school’s overall mission as well as the role of science in that mission