Agendas and Minutes
- 07.27.21 Hozho Board Agenda
- 06.29.21 Hozho Board Agenda Draft Minutes 1. 06.29.21 Hozho minutes
- 05.25.21 Hozho Board Agenda Minutes 1. 05.25.21 Hozho minutes
- Hozho Academy Agenda 04.27.21 Minutes 1. 04.27.21 Hozho Minutes-Draft
- Hozho Academy Agenda 03.30.21 Minutes 1. 03.30.21 Hozho minutes-draft
- Hozho Academy Agenda 02.23.21 Minutes 1. 02.23.21 Hozho Minutes
- Hozho Academy Agenda 01.26.21 Minutes 01.26.21 Hozho Minutes draft
- Hozho Academy Agenda 12.15.20 Minutes 12.15.20 Hozho minutes draft
- Hozho Academy Agenda 11.17.20 Minutes 11.17.2020 Hozho minutes
- Hozho Academy Agenda 10.27.20 Minutes 10.27.2020 Hozho Agenda_minutes – Draft
- Hozho Academy Agenda 09.29.2020 Minutes 1 Hozho Academy Agenda09.29.20_minutes
- 1 Hozho Academy Agenda08.25.20 Minutes 1 Hozho Academy Minutes08.25.20
- Hozho Academy Agenda 07.28.2020 Minutes 2 Hozho Academy Minutes07.28.20 final
- Hozho Academy Agenda 06.30.2020 Minutes Board meeting mins 30 June 2020
- Hozho Academy Agenda Special Meeting 06.09.2020 Minutes Hozho Academy minutes 06.09.20
- Hozho Academy Agenda 05.26.2020 Minutes Hozho Academy minutes05.26.20 final
- Hozho Academy Agenda 04.28.20 Minutes Hozho Academy minutes 04.28.20
- Hozho Academy Agenda 03.31.20 Minutes Hozho Academy Minutes03.31.20-Draft
- Hozho Academy Agenda 02.25.20 Minutes Hozho Academy minutes02.25.20 – final FY20
- Hozho Academy Agenda 01.28.20 Minutes Hozho Academy GC Minutes 1.28.20 – Final
- Hozho Academy Agenda 12.17.19 Minutes Hozho Academy minutes 12.17.19
Archived Meeting Minutes
Archived meeting minutes and agendas are available at https://hozhoacademy.org/council/archived-minutes/.
About our meetings:
Regular meetings of the Governing Council are scheduled the last Tuesday of every month at 8:00 pm at Hozho Academy School (306 NM Hwy. 564, Gallup, NM), unless posted otherwise. These are public meetings where the business of the Governing Council is conducted and where the public may voice opinions or concerns during the Public Forum portion of the meeting.
Public Forum at the Regular Board of Education meeting
Anyone who wants to speak during the public forum portion of a regular Governing Council meeting may do so after signing up with the public speaker form that is available 30 minutes prior to the meeting in the designated meeting area. Comments are limited to between 1 minute and 3 minutes, depending on the number of speakers who sign up to speak.
You may also submit your comments to the board in writing to the Governing Council at PO Box 1772, Gallup, NM 87305, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special meetings of the Governing Council are scheduled periodically to address the business that is not already addressed at the regular meetings. Special meetings also provide a venue where Governing Council Members can ask for and are given in-depth information on a variety of topics. Often, work studies on budget or instructional issues are scheduled during special meetings.
Emergency meetings are called to address issues that require immediate action to protect the health, safety and welfare of students and employees of the school, to protect the property of the school, or to avoid substantial financial loss to the school.
The Governing Council may meet in an executive session in accordance with the New Mexico Open Meetings Act and Open Meetings Resolution of the Board.
Standing Committees include Governance, Finance and Audit. The committees are responsible for addressing school business and work independently, but in collaboration with each other. Ad hoc committees may be appointed by the President or the Governing Council as a group.
Notice of Board meetings
All meetings of the Governing Council, including committee meetings, are posted online on our website and comply with the New Mexico Open Meetings Act.
Agendas for all Governing Council meetings are prepared by using internal procedures and are posted in a manner that complies with the New Mexico Open Meetings Act. The draft agenda will be available to the public at least seventy-two (72) hours prior to the meeting and posted online. Except for emergency matters, the Governing Council will take action only on the items that have been officially posted on the final agenda, in compliance with the Open Meetings Act. However, an item may be removed or moved to another position on the agenda by Governing Council Members at the time of the regular or special meeting before the agenda is accepted by the Governing Council. See upcoming meeting agendas
Four (4) Governing Council Members comprise a quorum for the transaction of business at a regular, special, closed or emergency meeting. A quorum must be present for action to be taken.
Draft minutes of each board or committee meeting are prepared within 10 working days after the meeting to which they pertain. Minutes are distributed online according to the New Mexico Open Meetings Act. See past meeting minutes
Regular, special, emergency and committee meetings are open to the public. Executive sessions are those meetings that fall under specific guidelines in the New Mexico Open Meetings Act.