- Gallup, NM
- Salary: $25,000.00- $45,000.00+, based on education, experience, and negotiation
Support the principal by providing office and clerical support.
Responsibilities and Duties
To provide clerical support as necessary to ensure completion of required projects at the school site and to perform a variety of responsible data entry, typing and general clerical activities in support of an academic or administrative function.
- Enroll and register students
- Maintain Student Information System
- Maintain lottery waitlist
- Assist Counselors in class scheduling duties.
- Daily record keeping of absences and tardiness.
- Manage sign-in and sign-out sheet for students (must have parent permission until age 18).
- Answers attendance questions.
- Perform a variety of responsible office duties, enter a variety of text or numerical data into a personal computer; enter, update, and maintain accuracy of information.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties involving data and information processing of materials and resources.
- Perform routine typing of reports from detailed copy; post records; proof completed typing assignments.
- Maintain records, inventories, index and cross reference files; file data numerically or alphabetically.
- Make telephone calls as directed; take and relay messages.
- Greet and assist students, faculty, staff, parents, and others; answer phones and refer telephone calls and visitors to appropriate personnel; answer routine questions according to established guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school supplemented by college course work in business, office practices, or related field.
- 3 years of responsible secretarial experience.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Computer, English, bookkeeping and mathematics skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge of community, computer system, financial and legal requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
- Knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet software.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Intermediate/advanced working knowledge of Microsoft software
- Operation of a personal computer and a variety of other office equipment including calculators, copiers, and fax machine.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to complete work with many interruptions
Full benefits available.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Contact Rachel Mason, Governing Board President, email@example.com, 214-280-6978.